CRB Course - The Firm Rules
|Member Price||$ 199.00|
|Non-Member Price||$ 199.00|
The Firm Rules: Policies to Mitigate Risk19
Time: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Mississippi REALTORS® Institute
4274 Lakeland Drive
Flowood, MS 39232
Company policies are essential to mitigate risk and limit liability. This course provides a checklist of items that should be included in a policy manual and introduces options for each component. From federal mandates, state regulations and Code of Ethics compliance to employment laws, data security, and brokerage policy options, you’ll come away with a clear understanding of what should be addressed. Below are some learning objectives for this course.
- Discuss why standardized policies and procedures are necessary to a real estate brokerage.
- List the items that should be included and addressed in a typical policies manual.
- Provide an overview of federal employment laws and list the components that should be addressed in an employee handbook.
- Describe the variety of risks associated with data collection and storage as well as the risks associated with social media activity.
- Detail brokerage operation policies regarding independent contractors.
- Describe non-discrimination policies that should be instituted to address the Civil Rights Act, the Fair Housing Act, the American’s with Disabilities Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and state and local laws prohibiting discrimination.
- List six federal policies that are essential to a brokerage policy manual (Fair Housing, Code of Ethics, Do Not Call, CAN-SPAM, Sherman Antitrust and IRS exemptions).
- Distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate brokerage policies.
- Enumerate state license law regulations that should be included in a policy manual.
- Identify other brokerage policy options that should be considered and addressed to reduce risk.