Skip to content
Once you’ve completed the 60-hour Salesperson Pre-License Course, your next steps are:
- Find a broker who will sponsor you.
- Complete the Mississippi Real Estate Commission (MREC) Resident Salesperson License Application, which can be downloaded from http://www.mrec.ms.gov/docs/mrec_forms_RESIDENT_SALESPERSON_LICENSE_APPLICATION.pdf.
- Have your application notarized.
- Mail your application, including full face and profile photos and $120 application fee payment, to MREC.
- MREC will ask you to complete a fingerprint-based criminal history records check.
- If MREC approves your application, they will send you an approval code to sit for the licensing exam, which is administered by PSI. PSI test centers are located in Jackson, Mobile, Memphis, and Metairie.
- Register online at https://candidate.psiexams.com to take the exam and pay the $75 fee.
- Take the 120-question exam (80 questions are national; 40 are state-specific) and meet or exceed the passing score criteria:
- 70% for national
- 75% for state