Code of Ethics
|Member Price||$ 25.00|
|Non-Member Price||$ 50.00|
Date: Thursday, November 14th, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Mississippi REALTORS® Institute
4274 Lakeland Drive
Flowood, MS 39232
About the Course: (Satisfies 4 Hours Elective and NAR Requirements)
Realtor Code of Ethics - This class is a NAR requirement for membership. Training must be completed at any time during the current cycle of January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2020.
An overview of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics that includes, but is not limited to, the structure of the document, the obligations the Articles, the purpose of the Standards of Practice and processes available for enforcement.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- Describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics
- Describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 12, and 17 of the Code of Ethics
- Identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to the Articles cited above, after participating in interactive learning methods (case studies, quizzes, role plays, demonstrations, and group discussions about fact scenarios)
- Describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- Identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- Identify factors considered by hearing panels in procuring cause disputes
Course Attendance Requirement:
In order to receive CE credits, you must attend all hours of class instruction.
A minimum number of students are required for any Mississippi REALTORS® Institute class to make. If the course is cancelled, you will be notified by email.
Refunds are not available after class has started.